One.site is the trading name of UK Connect Limited ("One.site", "we", "us"). We are a company registered in England under company number 08375892. Our registered office is at Southfields, Holly Lane, Worplesdon, Surrey GU3 3BQ, UK.
One.site is committed to protecting the privacy and security of everybody whose personal data we process. We acknowledge the need to protect personal data that is collected by or disclosed to us and to manage it in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) now incorporated in the 2018 Act as the “UK GDPR”).
The purpose of this notice is to inform you how we collect and use (process) personal data during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with such data protection laws.
The basis on which we process personal data
One.site is a cloud based collaborative solution which it offers to its customers in the construction industry. It enables them to create editable databases of personal data such as professional certification and relevant health information of workers (operatives/contractor administrators) and visitors to construction sites which are securely shared with our customers for purposes such as necessary record keeping, health and safety training and site clocking in/out time management.
The personal data we process is limited to personal data of operatives, contractor adminsitrators and visitors (data subjects) which may be put on the One.site platform directly by data subjects. One.site is the processor of such personal data. Data subjects have provided consent to us and our customers (“your employer”) (or our customers have other justifications under current data protection law) to collect their personal data and allow it to be processed on the One.site platform. Our customers are the controllers of the personal data because they determine the purposes for which the data are collected. One.site is the processor because we process it on behalf of our customers. It is important that all data subjects familiarise themselves with our customers’ privacy notices. Data subjects will always be the owner of data that is entered on the One.site platform. However, in common with our customers, we have a number of legal obligations to ensure that we only use personal data in a fair, transparent and secure manner.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy notice, our use of your personal data or wish to exercise any of your legal rights under data protection law, you can contact us by email [email protected].
How we obtain your data
If you are an operative, contractor administrator or a visitor to a construction site, some of the personal data that we process will be provided by you to us at the invitation of our relevant customer or directly by our customer. One.site. If you are a operative, contractor administrator or a visitor to a construction site, we may receive your name and email address from our customer. This information is used to send you an automated invitation to register on One.site and/or disclose your data that you have entered in to One.site to our customer. Your data will only be accessible by our customer where you have explicitly authorised this. Please help us to keep your information up to date by regularly checking in to your account and reviewing the data held.
What data do we capture
You will only ever need to provide the minimum personal data required to fulfil the task in hand. On behalf of our customers, we would only process some or all the following personal data:
- Your name and where relevant job title
- Contact information, for example telephone numbers, email address and postal address
- Uploaded copies of professional qualifications/certification
- CSCS card
- Next of kin and their contact information (telephone number and address)
- Emergency contact information if different to next of kin
- Relevant medical history
- Training record
Only your name and email address are required to create a One.site account.
How we use your data and our lawful basis for processing
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us. This is likely to be limited to the following examples.
- When responding to your enquiry, for example taking steps to entering in to a contract with you. We are the data controller of this data.
- When you register as a user of One.site and enter in to a contract with us. We are the data controller of this data (limited to your name and email address).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered in to by you, your company and us.
- To enable you to store and share documents and information for the purpose of contracting. We are a data processor of this information.
- For the provision of health and safety training. We are a data processor of this information.
- Where a construction company uses the time management, clocking in/out feature, we are a data processor of this information.
- To allow a construction company to send you an invitation to use One.site and/or, with your express permission, allow them access to your data. We are a data processor of this information.
- For our own internal record keeping where there is either a legal requirement for us to do so or where it is in our legitimate interest.
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide as part of the contract you have entered in to but only where it is in our legitimate interest to do so.
- To contact you with information about company updates, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you where it is in our legitimate interest to do so or where you have consented to the processing.
Disclosure of your data
We will only ever disclose your personal data to a third party, where we have your consent. We may also disclose your data where we are required to do so by law. We may also pass your information to our auditors and other associated organisations for the purpose of regulatory compliance. When using third party service providers we only disclose the personal data that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a legitimate interest, which we balance carefully with respect to your rights. We have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and prohibits them from using your data for their own purposes. All third parties are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Security of your personal data
We undertake regular IT security and data protection auditing to ensure our systems meet the expectations of the law and those of our clients. Those of our employees and suppliers who have access to personal data are required to undertake data protection training.
Transfers of data outside of the EEA
One.site is hosted on UK servers. All our service providers are UK based. We will not transfer your information to any processors based in other countries outside the EEA.
How long we keep your personal data
We will retain your personal data as long as is necessary as our customers need to keep them in accordance with their own data protection procedures. We may need to retain some information to comply with our legal obligations such as financial and accounting records. Unless there is an ongoing business relationship, we will only retain your personal data for 7 years after your account with our customer is closed.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have a number of rights under data protection law. In summary these include:
- Subject Access - you have the right to request details of the personal data which we hold about you and a copy of that data
- Right to Withdraw Consent – where our use of your personal data is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. In the event you wish to withdraw your consent to processing, please contact us using. You should be aware that withdrawing consent may result in us no longer being able to provide you with the service you originally requested
- Data Portability – you may, in certain circumstances request us to provide with a copy of your data for transfer to another organisation. In view of the services we offer it is unlikely that this right would be relevant to our data relationship with you
- Rectification – we want to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date. If you believe that any data we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. To the extent required by applicable laws, we will rectify or update any incorrect or inaccurate personal data about you
- Erasure ('right to be forgotten') - you have the right to have your personal data 'erased' in certain specified situations
- Restriction of processing – you have the right in certain specified situations to require us to stop processing your personal data and to only store such personal data
- Object to processing – You have the right to object to specific types of processing of your personal data, for example, where we are processing your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing
- Prevent automated decision-taking – in certain circumstances, you have the right not to be subject to decisions being taken solely on the basis of automated processing
To exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions about our Privacy Notice please contact our Data Protection Lead using the contact details provided at the top of this notice.
You should also be aware that these same rights apply in respect of any third- party construction company we may have disclosed your data to at your request. You would need to contact those organisations directly should you wish to exercise any of your rights.
While we hope to be able to resolve any concerns you have about the way that we are processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR or have any wider concerns about our compliance with data protection law. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk/.
We keep our privacy notices under regular review. This notice was last updated on 30th March 2021.